I am 36 and a half weeks pregnant and my baby is butt first. My Doctor wants to perform a version 9 days from now to try to turn the baby. Does anyone know anything about the procedure? What to expect?

ladybuglane

Asked by ladybuglane at 12:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All that I know is that it can be very painful for you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Try some yoga moves they can hep the baby turn on their own good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i would check to see if there are any dangers...my labor was really slow and the doctors gave me some meds to help it go faster and it made my son very active and get tangled in the cord. You wouldnt want the baby to flip and to get tangled or anything. I had to have an emergency csection. You may want to ask lots of questions about what could happen. Maybe even ask if you should consider just scheduling a csec
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• omg girl,dont do it....i had a friend who went thru that 2,they told her it may or may not even work...and is a painful procedure. have a c section,no pain...quich healing!!!!!!
    mommylove74

Answer by mommylove74 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I had one of those when i was pregnant..They give you an ultrasound and while they do that they try and manually turn the baby on the outside of your stomach...its very painful and they say that it can put the baby in distress and do an emergency c section.. I had one on the 14th of august it didnt work they schedule a csection and she turned herself around...
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I would not advise you to do that. My daughter was breach and my doctor gave me the option of trying to turn her. He told me it was very painful and can be harmful to the baby and 50% of the time they turn themselves right back around afterwards anyway. I would tell your doctor you would just like to schedule a c-section and you do have the right to do that because I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Go to http://spinningbabies.com/ and try to get the baby to spin on it's own. My sister went in for an external version and her baby would have died if they had been successful. During the procedure she was in tremendous pain and finally something made her tell them to stop. When the baby came four days later by csection, they found his cord wrapped around his neck eight times and it had a true knot. If they had completed the EV it would have pulled the knot tight and he would have died.

I just don't think it is worth the risk. Ultrasounds are great, but they don't look at the whole cord, or the entire baby at the same time, so you never know how risky it is.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Every person that I know that had an attempted eversion ended up with a c-section anyways and most of them had an emergency section because the baby was put into distress.

Personally, if I were you I would just get a c section. Most the mom's that I know that had it said it was more painful than the section
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My dd was turned around at about that same time. My OB suggested that every evening to lay down with my rear end raised up higher then my back. We tried a few ways, but ended up with my fanny on the arm of the couch and my back on the seat portion.

Just be careful you don't do it too soon after you eat, it didn't make me sick. It could cause indigestion or heart burn.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Oh yeah...it worked, she flipped and came out head first.
    daisy521