How old was your child when they lost their first tooth? Isn't 4 yrs old too young?

My son goes to Pre-K most of the kids are 4 yrs old or just turned 5 yrs old.
2 kids in his class have lost a tooth. This seems weird to me. My other 3 kids didn't loose teeth until they were 6 yrs old and same with all their cousins.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Our dentist says anytime after 4 years old is fine, but the average age is about 5.5 years for the first tooth. It depends a lot on how late or early they got their teeth according to our dentist. My son is 4.5 years and shows no signs of loosing any yet.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My daughter lost her first when she was 5, right before Kindergarten.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Mine was almost 6
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my daughter lost her first in the summer before kindergarten, so she was 5....but when she was in preschool there were 2 lil boys in her class (4yrs old at the time) and they both had missing teeth.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My daughter lost her first tooth at around four and a half.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My son lost his first about 2 months before he turned 6, and he was early compared to everyone in his class. However, he had a friend on his teeball his first year that was barely 5 that had lost 3 of his front teeth already. It all depends on the child, and how early their teeth came in to begin with according to our dentist. We asked because our daughter got her teeth early, so we were wondering if we should expect her to loose them early.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2010