Do you know anyone who doesn't want to ever leave the country, not for vacation or anything?

He says he's just too damn proud of his country to even consider going somewhere else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I do! My husband doesn't. I think I might be able to talk him into driving through Canada to get to Alaska but thats about it!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Uhhhhh NO! I am damn proud of being an American yet I still want to see what the rest of the planet has to offer. So I do!!!!!!! It is one thing if you can't afford the expense of travel but to not want to because " I AM an American" sounds SO close minded!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Well the only country I want to visit is Scotland, so i understand your hubby.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• That is a very small minded view. There is a lot more to the world than just the country you were born in and I think it's sad that patriotism is used as an excuse to hide within it's borders. Travelling to different countries offers a different perspective on the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Me!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Well, that is completely silly and VERY NARROW MINDED. I am very proud to have visited other countries and experienced other cultures. It makes us grow as individuals. I have only left the country twice: Jamaica and Panama. We hope to visit the Dominican Republic this year or maybe Mexico . . . we'll see. I speak spanish, so I suppose I am more for visiting Spanish speaking countries. If I was going to say Italy or France . . . I would definitely make an effort to learn a bit more of the language first. I know a tiny bit of french and some italian. I can understand a lot of italian because ti is so close to spanish, but I don't know it to speak it. I suppose they would understand me if I spoke spanish . . . either way, it's wonderful to see other parts of the earth.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have no desire to travel.

So I guess I'll call it patriotism and plant a flag in my yard to boot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I would like to travel to other countries, but I probably never will because I am afraid to fly... Canada is too far of a drive, and I'm not going to Mexico till the border violence dies down for awhile.
    Does that count? :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My mom. She has no desire to travel at all. She has an intense fear of flying. I still couldn't get her on a plane if I drugged her. She's lived in the same city for 55 years and doesn't ever care to leave. I invited her on a trip to Atlantis last year and she said no. She says if she wants to see different parts of the world, then that's what she has Google for.

I gave up trying
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Me! Me!! I have traveled outside the US and that's how I know I don't like it out there. I also don't want to go to Hawaii. I like to be able to drive here and there, not be stuck on some dumb island. I like the people. I love the food. I just don't want to go there.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2010