Why do little girls want to have babies?

Is it a void that needs filling because daddy never was around?
Resentment?Because they want someone to love.
Am I the only adult left to think that Hey anyone under 18 shouldn't be having kids because their not ready emotionally? I mean their still developing in body and in mind.
Yet I see these mothers on here encouraging 15-17 year olds into trying for another baby after a miscarriage in one post.
Or they are just saying "I was a teen mom my kids are fine"
That is not the point the point is why try to encourage a kid to have a kid?
Just because someone else made the mistake or made the choice to trap a guy doesn't mean she should tell every teen she comes across it's okay to want to get pregnant at 16-or 17. I think a teenager should NOT get pregnant. I know some will argue how can you stop it.. well for one we can start by not saying I did it so can you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Excellent post OP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Huh?????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• presure from society and from life period...we when we are very little girls see our role models (our mothers and grandmothers) taking care of others and we want to be just like them and we are anxious to get to that point in our lives...i think everyone is...some more than others
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• If my daughter or son had a child as a teen, THEY would support the child. There would be no gov't assistance nor would I pay for them to raise their child. Nor I or the gov't got her pregnant. I am sooooo tired seeing people expect a handout because they made poor choices in life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I thought I was alone in this!
    I don't know I watched all the girls in my highschool succumb to the choice to become pregnant. Sounded like a trend at the time. I think it's deplorable to try to persuade a young woman to try again that it's okay to become pregnant. But we older moms are a dying breed they get younger every year. Now days an old om is having a kid after 26 how sad is that. you see these stupid reality show glamorizing teen pregnancy and shows like secret life of a teenager it's not just the children it's the media telling them it's cool to get knocked up.
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 1:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I think you make a great point OP. That doesn't mean that all teen moms are bad mothers but that we shouldn't encourage them to get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• why are u so worryed about it. it is not u. i am a teen mom. i had my frist baby at 16 and my second at 18. i am still with my baby daddy. we have our own house , jobs , cars. so not all "little girls " are the same so butt out. Sorry had to say it.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 1:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• april...did u want to have a baby? if so ..why? or are you ashamed to explain why...because you feel like you were too young, or was it an accident?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Why are we worried about it april? Because more so then not these same girls depend on the gov't to support thes babies.Did you finish high school once you became pregnant? Did you attend college and never depend on assistance from ANYONE or anything?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• April your entire post speaks of someone who is not well educated. I don't even know where to begin. Lets see...
    -worryed
    -"baby daddy"
    -"butt out"

Speaking like a true teen mom. And a lot of teen moms learn from getting pregnant at an early age. But I see you did not, not if you had another child at 18.
    Anonymous