I was thinking...dangerous I know. But what actually does drive us to reproduce?

Not just sex....what causes us to crave babies???? I mean, men and women want children. I think it is normal and natural, but what causes that? Is it simply hormones? If that is so, why is there women like me who never want to be done having kids, and my hubby, who could have not had any and would have been happy? I know women like that too. I wonder...........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think with a woman it is our need to take care of someone, our nuturing way we have, just like most of us have husbands who need us to take care of them and they just help us reproduce to shut us up..:)
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• God made us that way
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I agree that God made us that way.

Just like we have a natural instinct to survive. Ever tried to kill yourself? Its damn hard.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Honestly, I never tried to have kids... Granted I love my daughter and I would do anything for her, but I never felt driven to have a baby. She will probably be my only one and I am fine with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I think cause we want mini me'sAND TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!LOL honestly i wanted a child cause it was what i felt was rite for me......(and to take over the worldwink minino one will stop the Jaquith Impire NO ONE!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA)

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 3:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Evolution.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• honestly i never wanted children. i wanted to be a huge author living in europe and sipping coffee in cafes with live-in boyfriends that i could change at will..lol..didn't want a husband either. but now two kids later and married, i've found that i am the happiest i've ever been and definitely thinking about adding more to my family in the future...this question got me thinking about why i did a complete 360 and honestly i just don't know. maybe just love and having people to share my life with. being a mom is the lowest paying job in the world (as in zero) but the reward is better than anything i've ever imagined.
    diablaherida666

Answer by diablaherida666 at 7:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I think it is just something ingrained in us. Men have the drive to have sex all the time, they hunt. We want babies, we nest. It is mother nature!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i think it is in our nature, and hormones! my last conception really took us by surprise! It was right when our oldest was starting kindergarten.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2010