Any good girl baby names?

Me and my fiance are having issues finding a good name for our baby girl. Any suggestions?

MariaMomma

Asked by MariaMomma at 3:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a baby book when I was expecting my two daughters. Their names are Megan Nicole and Hannah Leigh. I had a list of possible names that I chose these names from. The other names I liked were Brooke, Morgan, Grace, and Brianna. I don't know if this is your first child or not but, I took the list to the hospital with me and I had to hold my new baby and look at her and get to know her a little the first day before I could choose a name. The name had to fit her. I can't imagine either of them being called by any other name.
    lovetoteach1988

Answer by lovetoteach1988 at 4:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My daughter's name is Sadie Lynn. If we ever get another girl her name will be Evelyn Mae. We like old fashioned names.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 4:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have Kaitlyn but she will be spelling that out for the rest of her life. There's many different variations and I knew that too.
    I liked Lucy but she didn't respond to that nor did she look like a Lucy. I think when you meet your daughter try out different names on her. I truely believe a name signifies the type of person she'll become. So choose wisely...just think of elementary school and how the different kids were and their behaviors.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 5:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Ummm I love the names Isabella,Ava,Natalie My daughters name Madalyn my other daughters name...Alexandra is pretty to goodluck!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 8:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My girls names are Quinn and Piper. The other make I liked was Mia, Amelia (ended up being a middle name).

I personally don't care for the trendy names ie, ones that are most popular. I scrounge for names that are not in the top 100 then top 500. Now of course, I'm hearing Quinn once in a while and Piper more frequently but still not super popular.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 8:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• What about Amaris? Uh-Mare-Ihs. I have a cousin with that name and I've always loved it. I also love Delilah, but unfortunately I have a sister named Della, so I thought the two were too similar to use it for my daughter.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 8:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• How about Tessa, Madison, Jadyn, Nichole.
    beran06

Answer by beran06 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• If I had a girl she was going to be Alivia Laine. We liked AH- Livia instead of OH-Livia and Laine is a family name comprised from many names throughout generations. I had all boys so we never got to use it.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 8:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Ohhh good luck w/this question. You are going to get A LOT of various answers. Honestly if I were you I'd stay away from popular names 'cause when your daughter is older she would be sharing the same name with A LOT of girls. The most popular girl names for 2009 were Isabella, Ava, Olivia, Emma, Madison, Sophia, Abigail, Chloe. Also if you want and if its your taste, you can have a unique name with a unique spelling. My all time favorite name is Ursula (not from Little Mermaid, but from George of the Jungle), but my DH hates it. You can steal my daughter's name if you'd like; its Lana (from Smallville).
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i loved KENDALL but my DH at the time hated it so it became her middle name
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2010