Cell Phone Service? (Family Plans)

We need new phones. Boost Sucks! I guess you get what you pay for huh? :) Who do you have, or who would you recommend?

We need a family plan that isn't going to take our entire paycheck! (For two phones)

I would really like a blackberry of some sort. We need at least 1300 anytime minutes, although unlimited would be great. Unlimited Txt, Mobile Email, the good stuff. :) Really don't want pay over $200 a month.

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

livingrlovesong

Asked by livingrlovesong at 3:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have ATT wireless for our family. We have three phones on our account. My husband has a blackberry,my daughter a palm centro and I just got a great new phone called The Flight. We only have the data plan on one phone which I think is $10.00 more a month for that service, unlimited texting and 1400 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekend calling, unlimited mobile to mobile and voicemail, call waiting , etc/ It is a little more minutes than we use, but the next lower level would not be enough. It is hard to tell you exactly how much your bill would be, but we pay $80.00 for the main line and then my line is $9.99 and my daughters is$9.99. our total bill this month was $171.00 for all of that. It was a little more this time because my husband had been over in England and had some international calls on there. Your two would be less than ours and less than the $200.00 limit that you mentioned. Hope this helps!
    lovetoteach1988

Answer by lovetoteach1988 at 4:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We have a Verizon family plan, 1400 minutes, three phones, unlimited texting, parent/chaperone, 10 numbers we can call/receive calls from without using minutes. We pay, with all of the taxes. about $160 a month. Unlimited data adds about $30 a month

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• AT&T my hubby and I have the family plan we share minutes1400 unlimited text, web, picture messages. we pay with taxes and everything $140.00 I like them a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My son and I have TMobile, with the "My Faves" (unlimited calling to 5 people), 400 anytime minutes, and unlimited texting (including photo texts). It costs $100/month. We've never even come close to exceeding our minutes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my family has AT&T we have 7 phones total ( one Iphone so have a data plan of 30$) and we only pay 285$ with the unlimited talking/txting so is great for you and 3 of the phones are teenagers.....have had them for about 4yrs love them....hope this helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• cricket, metro pcs or the GO phones. I know you wanted a blackberry, that will cost the most. Prepaids are a good idea. Simple this is what you have and this is what you will spend for the minutes. Self discipline AND cheap. Greta reception and coverage areas.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Thanks everyone! We will probably go with either AT&T or verizon.

mommyme~ I have Boost now, which is a no contract phone, but its not what I need for my everyday life. I need a blackberry &/or I-phone or something like that because I have to always be able to get to my email and the internet. I have two home businesses and I go to school online full time. So its not necessarily about "self dicipline" its more about what I need for my everyday life.

_OP
    Anonymous

• ^^ Sorry didnt mean to hit anon
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 2:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2010