Can I still use the old baby bottles?

My daugter is 1 1/2 old, and im still breastfeeding. For the first 3 months she ate out of the bottle too, but after 3 months she only wanted my breast. Now.... i want to try to stop breastfeeding, but i have a question, is it safe to use the bottles that i used when she was small?...what are u suppose to do with them? i starilized them and put them in a baby bag.... since i had almost every kind, i think it would be a waste throwing them away...what do u think? should i use them or buy new ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your child is 1 1/2 yrs old now she is pass the bottle she needs to be on a suippy cup don't even show her the bottles. SIPPY CUP my DD is 20 months old and she hasn't taken a bottle since she was 11 months old. Once a child hits 18 months old bottles should be out the door you should have introduce the sippy at 8-10 months old she can't get juice or water from a breast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• she does drink from the sippy cup once in a while...she drinks water and also very little milk (regular milk)...... but she wont take the sippy cup when she goes to sleep ( she still wakes up about 2-3 times a night, sometimes more:( )..........what should i do????? and also about the baby bottles, should i throw them out?..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• If you have glass bottles keep those, they can be cleaned & used for a variety of things later on, great place to store nails & screws.... make sure the others are clean & steralized & donate them to a women's shelter or drug rehab for mothers, these ladies need a lot of supplies. Keep like 3 bottles for your little one @ night, the glass if you've got it.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Don't start her on a bottle now that she's over a year old. You're only going to create a dependency or habit with the bottle that you will find terribly hard to break later. Start her on a sippy cup or straw cup, so that she can graduate slowly to an adult cup. I strongrly suggest that you don't start her on bottles now that she's a toddler. It's not a good idea.

However, to answer your question .. Yes you can still use the bottles, but I would suggest getting new nipples for them. Wash them out thoroughly with soap and hot water to make sure they're clean.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• They have soft tip sippy cuos that are perfect for the switch..
    avalanchedsteph

Answer by avalanchedsteph at 9:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I agree if you are going to stop BF then the sippy cup is the best way to go. At the same time of sippy cups start teaching her with regular cups. Plastic and put just about an inch in the cup. Teaching her how to not drown her self while drinking and not spilling. With the rule that it stays in the kitchen. MUUUUCCCHHHH easier. I BF my daughter until she was about two. And started her on sippy cups at 18mths. And big girl cups at about 20mths. No bottles mamma. Weaning from her boobie will be difficult enough without adding the bottle as well. PS there are a HUGE selection of sippy cups. Check em out! YOur bound to find the PERFECT one.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• BTW your baby sounds EXACTLY like my second daughter. Message me for ideas and tips. I JUST went through alll that. She woke up 3-4 times a night as well to nurse. Let me know.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2010