I can't sleep!

For the past 3 nights my 22 month old girl will not sleep in her bed. During the day, she has been extra clingy, she plays, wears herself out, take's naps everything she used to. For the past 3 nights she has been waking up between 2:30 and 4:30, I give her a bottle hoping she will go back to sleep, but no, she cries bloody murder, why? The whole 22 months she has not done this, why not. The only answer I can copme up with is her need to be touching me, will this pass? Any other suggestions on how I can get back into her "Big girl dora bed"?

Theone3608

Asked by Theone3608 at 8:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am having the same problem with my 21 month old son. Only he's been getting up for the last three months. Needless to say I'm exhausted. Don't know what to tell you but maybe someone out there has the answer!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 9:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Whatever you do dont give her a bottle..You will never get rid of it and there could be damage to her teeth depending on whats in it..Few things it could be night terrors, which you cant do anything about..It will pass..It could be Molars..I am pretty sure they get thier last few teeth at that age.. You should change her bedtime routine until you find one that works..Bath reading and singing..Some watch movies.. it is whatever works for her to sleep and your sanity..but not the bottle that major regression and a short term answer
    avalanchedsteph

Answer by avalanchedsteph at 9:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I still have not got the bottle from her, I guess it is a security thing. It is water in her bottle, and mostly she just holds it. I have tried changing her bedtime routine...ugh...
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my twins have been the same way! they are 21 mos. 4 nites ago my son just started freaking out, he woke up his sister, and so i had them both up from 1 am to 4 am. the next night he did it again, and i immediately removed him from his room, b/c one is easier to deal with than two! the next night was fine, but then last night it was my daughter up from 1 am to 4;30 am!!!!!
    could it be a full moon? teething? my son is only missing his 2 yo molers, but my daughter is cutting an eye tooth. i am scared to get them used to a different bedtime routine. my son will go to sleep if i sleep with him in his toddler bed, but he won't sleep in my bed. i'm afraid i will break that little bed! my daughter was surprisingly difficult to appease last night. she only wanted to sleep right on top of me, and i am pregnant and am uncomfortable sleeping in any position for any period of time! i hope they get over this soon!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2010