What was your "A-ha" or rather "Eeeeeeek!" moment when you relaized that

you were fatter than you thought you were and desperately needed to lose weight? I think I just had mine...I might need therapy. Back fat roll....HALP!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 8:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I was 25, and it was a really hot day in Houston. I needed to go to Target, but I dreaded walking across the whole parking lot, so I used a "pregnant mother" space and hoped nobody would ask me to prove that my fat stomach was housing a child. I saw my huge shadow on the pavement, and suddenly I was overcome with dizziness. I sat down on the pavement, right in the parking lot, and I started to cry. How had things gotten this bad? I'd always been a heavy person, but 280 pounds? This was insanity. I had to do something, right away. That was 15 years ago. Today, I weigh 130 pounds. I lost the weight through healthy eating and organized exercise. You can do it too.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Walking is the best ever to lose the weight. Just walk walk and walk... It's easy on your body.... they have a book that is called 10,000 steps aday which is five miles. give it a try. Good Luck~Robin PS: I'm trying it now.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My moment was when I was sitting on the floor indian style and noticed in the mirror I had a flab of skin and fat hanging over my pants. I FLIPPED OUT. I hadn't worked out during the holidays and you could tell it. So Yeah that was my moment. :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• When I had a picture taken of me and I noticed that I had no real curves. I just looked like a round blob! that is when I took notice. that was two months ago and I have already lost 12lbs.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My moment is now after having a baby. Im shopping for a Christening dress and the size 12 doesnt fit! I need to do something asap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Cardio is the best and honestly only true way to lose body fat. Whether Aerobics, jogging, or long walks. Do 20-30 minutes a day to get the best results. Remember to switch it up every other day, so your body does hit a plateau. Not everyone's body does plateau, but some bodies do after the same routine everyday. Start slow, then gradually build up to more and more a day.

My .. "Ohh dear" moment was when I saw the scale. I was at the OB's office and I say the scale. Right then and there I felt like a whale. It was horrible. I've been doing Wii Fit Aerobics everyday (except yesterday) for the last week. It's great.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• ugh..christmas pics. I had 89798 chins. :( :( :(
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 5:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2010