So, was anybody shocked yesterday?

after hearing the President speak? I found myself less shocked and more confused as to what they thought would be shocking. I guess because he didn't outright blame Bush for it.

And really? Only 1 hour of the health care conference to be shown on TV? Are you ready America? You get 1 hour of transparency (and don't expect too much to be said during that one hour). What a friggen joke.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• One does not need to listen to him to know what he says. I find it's better to read what he says than it is to listen. I find his speech patterns a little too flowery and full of fluff. I would rather read transcripts of his speeches to really get the meat and potatoes of what he has to say, and let me tell you, I find his speech meals very meager in offerings.

Anonymous

• not shocked, because i don't listen to his speeches. any of them.
    thank you very much..................
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Shocked? Maybe, because the Jr. President (finally) accepted some blame. muhahaha

One hour of video, the insults just keep coming from this administration and congress. Perhaps they think that the IQ of their constituents is only has high as those who actually voted for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• No
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• cspan carried the entire event, on cable and online

Answer by rkoloms at 11:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• LOL Sister! Short and too the point...I like it! I did not listen live but I did hear later that he accepted that this mess is his now which at least makes me respect the man a little. That blame crap was getting ridiculous!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• rkoloms, the Cspan reference refers to coverage of the Health Care (secret)meetings, not the Prez' speech. Keep up, please.
    Anonymous

• He accepted blame for the Intelligence Agencies failures? That should make y'all happy. Duhhh....
    Intelligence is lame. They failed.
    Anonymous

• I choose not to listen to any of his speeches. It is hard to determine which is a speech and an appearance on David Letterman... He is more media hungry than ANY president EVER! MAYBE if he starts actually taking his position seriously and following through with some of his 'promises' then I will be a little more faithful......
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• He finally after a year took some responsibility. Should have done that on day one like any real leader would. I think he only did it now because he has to and has no concept of what a real leader does. He never really worked before becoming President so in his defense how would he know what a person in leadership is supposed to do? That is why experience is important.
    Anonymous