What is potato water good for?

I was at my MIL's house for dinner the other night and she had boiled some potatoes. When my FIL went to start the dishes she had the water in a pot and said "Don't dump that out, it's good potato water" and he said "Oh, I know." I didn't ask them then, and I don't know why I didn't, but what can you use the potato water for? Is it good for watering plants? Or do you make a stew out of it? I know it has a lot of the nutrients from the potatoes in it...

So what would you do with it?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 9:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Its really good for flavor in alot of dishes, stew is a good one..I dont know of any other..
    avalanchedsteph

Answer by avalanchedsteph at 9:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• It is also good for making potato bread. Sometimes, I make potato water for the bread. I keep it in a jar in the fridge.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• soup and stew

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• making bread
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Thanks for those answers cuz I would have just thrown it out when I drained the potatoes to mash them. Neer thought about reusing the water
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010