second pregnancy with a toddler????

How can I introduce this pregnancy to my toddler who will be two in April? He is not a mean little boy but he is very curious and is still learning the Gentle concept and I dont know how to explain or help him understand that he will no longer be alone.

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 9:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just talk to mine about how a baby was in my tummy. I would also teacher her with a doll how we are nice to baby what Mommy will be doing with baby. We talked about baby all the time and the things she can do to help out and be a great big sister. How baby will make noises and how Mommy and Daddy will have to take care of baby. We also got her some gifts for the day Baby came so she felt special too and made sure she was invovled in with much of the pregnancy and when baby first came. She did awesome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Someone told me to buy my 1.5 yr old a baby doll and show him how to be nice to it and love it. I dont think he understands yet the concept of "not being the only one" yet but we still talk and say baby in mommies belly, your going to be a big brother and so on. Try the baby doll thing, Im gonna give it a try.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I actually tried the baby doll thing, and my son treated it like his casper toy, love it one minute, throwing it the next. He understand the Gentle concept though, we've ingrained that in him since we used to have a cat and my mom has animals at her house. I would say to try and have your child around other kids, younger and older and see how he acts, especially with the girls.
    trilliana

Answer by trilliana at 2:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010