Stressed Out Momm!!!!!!!

I am a parent/mother of 3 children ages 10 mos, 2, and 6. and im at the point where i think i'm going to break!!! I spend all day cleaning my house up and yet i have a never ending pile of clothes that needs to be washed, and lots of things still to be done mostly because i NEVER have the TIME. i don't ever have time for myself anymore its like all i do is clean and take care for my kids! last night all i did was cry myself to sleep! im not saying the i dont enjoy taking care of my kids but i stay so tired of being tired! i stay so busy that i dont know if im coming or going! not to mention keeping up with doc appts and school related activities for my 6 year old! i do realize that its life but i feel like i just dont know how much more i can take! my question is am i depressed??? what can i do to make life some-what simpler for me???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel ya! I have my down weeks as well! I am a stay at home mom to two daughters....I have a 5 year old, and a 1 1/2 year old, and on top of that I watch my 7 month old nephew! It is a LOT of work. I use to be so stressed out and mad, but I've learned to change my way of thinking! My kids are the most important thing to me! Now, I know we can't live in a pig pen...but what I do is pick certain days to do things! Monday is laundry day, and picking up the mess from the weekend, Tuesday is all for the kids...I make myself not worry about the mess and just play, and so on. I think stressing about a mess got me no where! If I have time in the day to do something I knock it down one at a time through the week. Now the time to myself thing, I adjusted my youngest and my nephews naps so they would be at the same time (that was hard) ;-) And I make my oldest have a quiet time....so I can do what I want!
    JenE10

Answer by JenE10 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my advice "one Day at a Time" breathe breathe look around see whats most important
    mom198005

Answer by mom198005 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Do you have a friend, relative or neighbor you can trade child care with?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• well most of all my freinds i have are not really nearby and they all have children of their own also, we have no close relatives nearby and i dont think i can trust anyone else besides family to keep my kids. they have kept them before on occation but i try not to be a burdden on everyone, everyone else has something that they have to do and i understand that, and im not really looking for a handout but an easier lifestyle to accomidate MY needs as well as my children.
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Do you take a vitamin? I'd suggest taking a multivitamin and vitamin D. Both helped me greatly with my tiredness feeling.

Also, remember that you are only one person and you can only do so much. Does your husband help you with the kids? Will he watch them while you go soak in a bubble bath for a half hour every couple of nights? When I have one of those days where I can't take anymore, I soak in the tub and read a book. My husband knows if I don't get those a couple of times a month that I'm not a good mom or a wife.

Another thing I do is wash/dry all my laundry during the day and then in the evening after the boys go to bed, I fold it all while I'm watching tv with my husband. It doesn't sound like much but its actually really relaxing. I'm not having to stop every couple of minutes to do something for the boys.

I hope that helps you some. Good luck finding some balance.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 1:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I want to thank all of you for helping me, trust me it realy has helped! I dont know what I would do without Cafemom! Thanks you guys!
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010