How is your credit??

How is your credit? If its good, thats great!! If it was bad how did you make it better and how long did it take you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Right now, it is good.

Answer by louise2 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• OP: how long did it take you to make it good? What steps did you take?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• its crap....no clue on how to get it back up again...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Mines good. My MIL went through her bank and was the co signer for a line of credit. I bought a $5,000 dollar car, and im paying it off right now. Also I have a credit card to belks, Kohls, and Target. They have these deals where if you buy stuff on your credit card then you get like 10% off. So I only use my cards for that and you can turn around and do a in store pay and your credit card is paid off. I started with no credit so it was easier for me to have good credit, I dont know how to turn bad credit into good.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Start small and pay every month RELIGOUSLY. Get in-store credit cards, then a used car loan, (10k or less) then work up. It will take years, but you should see improvement in a year and a half or two years. Get all the old stuff taken off your record or paid off. In about 5 years you will have a reasonable or good credit rating. NEVER pay late or default on anything, not even an electric bill or rent or anything at all. Check your credit report twice a year at one of those free places, and check all 3 credit reporting companies. MAKE SUPER SURE NOBODY CAN STEAL YOUR IDENTITY, and never co-sign on anything for anybody.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Ours is still bad, we're trying...but it's slow going.

I look at it this way for now....if you have really bad credit...I think you have less chance of someone wanting to steal your identity.

lmao
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• mine is super shi-ttay because of student loans that i absolutely cannot pay.
    i can't seem to cover my house payment, daycare for 3 kids, and the huge monthly amount on the stupid student loans.. i often wish i never would've gone to college..
    i have one car payment, and one credit card bill of about $500......................
    nothin else.
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 11:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• It's shitty and will remain shitty until someone (ahem, Mr. President) gets people in this country jobs. I went to college so I don't need that particular lecture.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• When I checked last year when I was 29 years old, mine was 820. I started building credit at 18 by getting two credit cards, using them for everything, and paying the balance each month. It shows frequent, responsible use and boosts your score.
    Anonymous

• It went down in the past 2 years since I lost my job and we had a bit of payment problems. But we're back on track and it is getting better. In fact, the last person to look at it to see if we could get a lower interest rate, which we did, told us that it improved by 100 points in the past 9 months!
    We're taking the extra money we are getting and making double, sometimes triple, payments to our high interest credit card payments and we were told to make one extra mortgage payment per year so we are saving to do that. We also do not use our credit cards to shop with anymore, which is a HUGE savings and help. High balances create a negative credit for you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2010