How is your credit??

How is your credit? If its good, thats great!! If it was bad how did you make it better and how long did it take you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• my credit should be pretty decent now. I was finally able to get my own credit card again in my own name in the past 2 years. When I was in my early 20's my credit went to sh*t. I was dating a guy who was a complete waste of space and a con artist. He was taking my credit cards and purchasing stuff online with them. He also knew all my info and was trying to obtain new cards and get to the mail before i did. Some of it was my fault, at first i was buying alot, but he definitely pushed me over the edge. So, several charge offs later, some accounts paid in full by my parents, and one instance where a collection agency had constables serve my parents with papers to go to court, my credit should be ok now. I haven't officially checked in about 4 years since hubby and i bought our house. Its been about 7 or so years since my credit mess.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• It's going down hill.
    We paid off the credit cards and canceled them and paid off my student loans. That was all that was on there. So now there is no revolving account, and no open accounts. Yeah it's just plummeting.
    I don't really care since we're planning on never borrowing money again. :)

Check out DaveRamsey.com or the Dave Ramsey group on CM for more info.
    Anonymous