I thought my 6 wk old just had gas, but I think she may be constipated

she'll be totally relaxed & then she has these outbursts like she's having bad cramps....any suggestions?

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• milicon was a life saver for my son

Answer by TattooedBeauty at 4:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Is she passing anything? It's normal for babies to grunt when they poop. They most likely are fighting against the urge.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Check to see if her stomach is hard if it is it is probably gas...lay her on her back and move her legs in a bicycle pedal motion to help relieve the gas...the mylicon drops are fabulous for gas too. If you are breastfeeding it may be something you ate that has constipated her if not talk to your doctor about switching formulas.

Answer by zaksmom8278 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• not to sound graphic or gross, but my daughter & nephew had very bad consitpation issues she was breast fed-he was bottle fed. We ended up having to use a Q-Tip with some vasaline and had to put it right inside their holes, and just wiggle it a bit, and they would poop instantly. Dr. approved.

Answer by koodie78 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Wait until she goes. If it is 'hard pellets' then she could be having a constipation problem. However, it's very normal for children that age to be gassy and also happen to go days without pooping.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My grandsons dr told us to use Karo syrup to keep him regular and not have cramps.

Answer by DJsNana at 8:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I work for a Chiropractor and our massage therapist has a 2 month old with the same constipation prob. He was given an adjustment and had 7 BMs in the next 24hrs. he has regular adjustments and his mommy gives him mylican.

Answer by MommyInfinity at 9:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008