Do you think that you're addicted to Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi?

Just about every single person I speak to that drinks that has to have at least one a day. I feel like that there's something very addiciting about aspartame but a lot of people (mostly people who don't drink these drinks) think that it's just all in my head and that it's actually the caffeine that's the problem. I don't have to have caffeine so it's not that (caffeine free diet coke is fine)
So...what do you think? Are you addicted or do you just like it? Do you think it's the caffeine or the aspartame?

Just curious as to what other people think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well I like to have one Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. So I know what you mean. If it was the caffine then the coffee I drink in the morning should do it but I really like to have one soda during the day though.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I drink it, I love diet coke. I dont drink it daily tho. Maybe only 2 -3 times a week. My MIL drinks it all the time I dont think I have ever seen her with water or even juice. She wont even drink coffee it is her diet coke.

That being said you can really say the same about any soda product.
    I know people who drink only dr pepper and mountain dew.
    ITI can all be addicting
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I don't drink the diet brands, I think for me it is the taste. I love pepsi, but I limit myself to just one a day. I really don't think its the caffeine because I only do one and the caffeine doesn't last all day LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I drink Diet Coke with Splenda. I have one M-F about 10 am. I take a little break then. I don't miss them on the weekends or if we are on vacation/traveling. It is just part of my routine. My days start at about 5 am and the break/soda is nice!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• For me it is the caffine, I've been drinking pepsi since I was 9(which was 20yrs ago!). If I go a day w/o it then I get a head ache. I changed back to diet soda a few months ago. I have found that when I drink any carbonated drink and don't allow myself to think about it not having caffine I do not get the headaches as I would when I have no carbonated drink. Because our senses associate carbonated drinks with the caffine we get in reg soda(diet or not); even when its caffine free our senses tells us we're getting the caffine the body craves. I have been drinking soda for 20y now and ve emy research on how to become less dependent of caffine. Coke zero has half the caffine of diet coke(just a fyi)!!!! And if you're a coffee drinker your still getting caffine, and there for are addicted to caffine as well(one drink either way/ a day, w symptoms of headache= caffine withdrawl/ dependig on how long you've been drinking this stuf
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I don't do the diet ones, but I've been trying forever to get off of classic coke. The headaches are horrible! Here's to another day without one.

I never thought when I was little that I'd grow up to be a coke-addict! lol (ouch)
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I love both and my dh and I go through a 2 L bottle a day.  It's not the caffeine because I always buy the caffeine free and aspartame is found in other drinks.  IDK, maybe there really is cocaine in it lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Hi. My name is Kristi and I am addicted to regular coke. I drink WAAAYYYYYY to much coke. Diet drinks give me headaches and I think they taste like bunghole. I can drink coffee and sweet tea all day and still want my cokes, so it's not about the caffeine, more the great taste of an ice cold coke.

The rest of my family is addicted to coke as well. At family functions we only offer coke 2-liters and water, everything else goes to waste.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 12:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I think that if I don't have my coffee in the morning and my diet Pepsi in the afternoon, my brain will explode and leak out my ears. I don't know what it is, but I need it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• No. I really don't like colas. I generally don't drink soda, but maybe once or twice a month, I want a diet root beer. If I have pizza, I want a diet root beer with it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2010