what can i do about rsv....please help asap

i have my twin niece and nefew and my sister said she brought them to the hospital but i dont know if she really did or not but both of the babies are weezing and coughing and throwing up everytime they eat they are only 3 months old...

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They need to go to the dr and get meds. They need to be tested first.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• You can't really do anything about the RSV, the Dr should give them a nebulizer and meds. They need to go to the Dr. if the ER doc did not give them meds and a nebulizer...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• There is nothing you can do about RSV except give supportive care to get through the illness. I work as an RN on a ped's floor in my hospital and RSV has his BIG time this week... 70% of the kids on the floor have RSV.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• it's hard to tell you what to do since we can't see the kids. if their chests are retracting when they breathe, they need to go to the doctor or ER asap. my son has a history of RSV, and sometimes his wheezing wasn't so bad. he would keep playing and smile and be happy. sometimes his wheezing would be bad, his chest would retract, and he would throw up . we have had him hospitalized for it before but really there is nothing they can do there that can't be done at home besides monitoring oxygen levels. my son had nebulizer breathing treatments of albuterol when he had RSV. for sure i would call the mom and tell her what's going on. i can't tell from your post if you are saying you are babysitting them or what...?
    Anonymous