I want to leave my husband not now but in the future.

I haven't told him I want to leave. There are some things I need to do first to become finanically stable. I really feel I would be happier with just my child. I don't need advice on how to cut the emotional ties, I am beyond that. I really don't want to go into detail, lets just say my life is hell now and I want out. What is the smart way to leave??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Save up for a deposit on a place and extra for furniture that you will need to replace. Have the place lined up and tell him you're leaving and have a place to go.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• That's exactly what I had in mind. I hope you don't think I am a bad person, but I really don't want to tell him I'm leaving. I've warned him about how he treats me. I am better off alone, right now I am a married single mama. Better just to bea single mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• If he is abusive don't tell him before you leave - just leave. I tried to leave an abusive husband and told him I was going to leave - he basically kept me a prisoner in my own home for a very long time. At the first opportunity to escape I did, but I left without anything. If you can pack up some basics and leave while he is not home do it.

If he isn't abusive and you aren't scared, then it would be the right thing to do to be upfront about it.

GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I agree. If you are a maried single mama then you will have more freedom and peace being a single mom. I hope everything works well with you and your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I know if I tell him he will pull some stunts to make me regret my decision. He's not phisically abusive, it's more emotional. He needs me to stay with him, he has 4 other kids that live here too that I am taking care of, but I am not respected here. I guess the nice people finish last, I take in his kids and I'm good to him and he treats me like sh*t.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Emotional abuse can lead to physical abuse, so if you think your leaving might possibly tip him in that direction leave and then tell him. Emotional abuse IS abuse, and you don't need it. GL!
    Anonymous