how often do you play hookie or let your kids play hookie?

my son has enough sick days so i never let him play hookie. myself, i feel like i deserve a break every now and then so i play when ever i feel i need one. work can be such a drag!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Thankfully I'm a wahm and don't have to play hookie, if I want I stay in my jammies all day. lol As for our boys, no, they are not allowed to play hookie. Their grades will suffer if they miss school, and they don't like to miss anyway. It just makes more work for them, and they actually like school, so I'm very thankful for that!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Umm, never? I schedule some vacation time when I need time off. And I don't encourage my kids to skip school either. What parent does that??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i play hookie sometimes but usually its just if i have been sick and need an extra day to recoop or if my son isnt feeling well and i want to stay home with him and would rather not have anyone else keep him. I did play today because the icey roads...the schools were closed..so i have an excuse..though. I would NEVER let my son miss school unless he was running a fever or sick with his asthma
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My Sd loves to be in school she hates to be home. She'll even get upset if she has an appt in the morning. She gets all dramatic saying she's gonna be missing a lot and she's probably gonna fail. So I never keep her home and wouldn't want to anyway..lol
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 11:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Play hookie? I'm a grown woman with bills to pay. I don't play hookie. My children are not permitted to play hookie either. They have plenty to learn and if they are not truly ill, they are going to school. I don't think that it sets a good example for my children to play hookie because I feel entitled. I think that sort of attitude sets them up for problems down the road. Just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I don't allow my kids to "play hookie" I have one in 3rd grade and I am attempting to instill some responsible behavior there.
    I also have one in pre-K. I HAD to keep him out on Thursday because I never could have gotten preped for the snow storm that hit us here if I was to have driven him to school~Did laundry at the laundry mat and lugged in some groceries but usually neither of my kids sits out of school for no reason other than being sick for real.
    My dd has a bff that has been out for a week for a trip to Flordia. I know that the school is really against that kind of thing,lucky for us we don't have the money to be doing things like that anyway:( I guess even if we did wed just fight the crouds on Spring break or whatever.
    Anonymous

• Me play hookie? Um yeah I can't for obvious reasons :-) I've never played hookie though even in high school.

The boys aren't allowed to play hookie either. It shows them the importance to following through on their commitments and gives them a good work ethnic.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 1:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2010