What can I do to show that I am truly sorry?

I feel like it was our fault all this happened we have had issues with our big dog digging holes and going over to the neighbors back yard well this has happened 3 times in the last 5 years well this morning I wake up with our neighbor knocking on on door wondering if her little dog is in our backyard she couldn't fine her (the little dog was all she had left after her mother passed)Anyway to make a long story short I find her little dog floating in our pool...:( I felt terrible I don't know how many I'm sorry's I told her I just feel like shit...My big dog would do this once in a blue moon but damn how was I suppose to know that the little dog would come over she never did...:( God how I wish I can turn back time...feeling so sad for her :(
What can I do to make her know that I am truly sorry?

Thank you ladies for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pets

• This is quite perplexing to me because dogs can swim. Is it cold, maybe it was unable to swim properly due to hypothermia. At any rate, all you can do is apologize profusely. Even that will not bring her dog back to her, but a heartfelt apology never ever hurts. Maybe call your homeowner's insurance and see if there is anything that they can do to help compensate her, as it happened on your property? I'm not entirely certain what would be appropriate in these circumstances. I am very sorry that this has happened to you.
    Anonymous

• I don't even know. Good luck in the situation. I think sorry is all you can do
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 11:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Oh wow, I'm so sorry... You have to know this isn't your fault. It's hard to say what to do in this situation...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• You better hope the owner of the dead dog does not call animal control on you. You need to be more responsible for your dog. She prob felt it was safe for her dog in her fenced yard and because of your laziness and your dogs actions her pet is now dead..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Fixing your fence is one definite way to show her youre sorry. There are plenty of ways to get your dogs digging under control.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• When did the dog get out? She must not have looked very long for it,or in the obvious places first.Why did the dog jump in the pool do you think?Don't feel too bad.It's partially her fault too.
    Anonymous