How much does it cost?

HOw much would you say you spend on your child's birthday party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• around $100 is what we spend on parties...
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• For his first bday I made the cake so that saved me. We didnt buy him presents because he has a huge family and lets face it how man toys does a kid need? So, for the food and deco I spent around..60 or 70 bucks.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Having it at our apartment isnt an option. There just isnt much room. We would love to go to the beach, but obviously its a public place and we dont know if it will be packed there, plus my daughter and I burn really easily so I just dont see that working out too well... So we have opted to go with the Honolulu zoo, and sadly they charge about 275.00 here for the smallest birthday party. That is including cake, but no other food. And there isnt an option to bring your own cake, so I cant really get that price any lower.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Birthday express has a lot of great things that aren't too expensive. I also make the cake to save money...Just use their favorite colors, and kids tend to really not care...just so long as they get to eat a big piece!! :-)
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• try a public park we do that a lot and the kids love it have plenty of room and its free plus you feel better about giving them cake and other junky food when they can run/play and burn most of it off
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• about $50. we did some food, just had family over, and got free cup cakes from the WinDixie baby club.
    Anonymous

• The most I've ever spent was like $225 for a Pump It Up party for 25 kids. We've done a public park and just rented the shelter (about $25) and it turned out really great. Also we've done a skating rink, bowling alley, pro hockey game, swimming pool (do they have one at your apt that you could rent, or just use?)

Answer by missanc at 4:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We are getting ready to have my oldest DD 4th birthday party, for presents, a bowling party, invites, gift bags, pizza, the whole works around $500.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i spend about 100 on the gift and then just buy the cheapest plates and stuff and just get character cake plates and kids cups and go overboard on the cake.. plus i do kick ass gift bags thats why i started a business doing them and i try to keep them to a max of 80$...for 16 kids..not bad.. but full of fun stuff not just junk
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2010