how often do you play hookie or let your kids play hookie?

my son has enough sick days so i never let him play hookie. myself, i feel like i deserve a break every now and then so i play when ever i feel i need one. work can be such a drag!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do sometimes let my daughter stay home from school. I don't consider it "playing hookie" sense I'm allowing her to miss. As long as she keeps her grades up and stayes out of trouble, I don't see what the problem is. I don't consider it the same as missing work because the only one that suffers is her.(when she has to do the makeup work) It's not like someone else is relying on her to be there. :)
    Anonymous

• Never what am I teaching my child. I also am a Stay at home mom right know. but when I did work. I would feel guilty about not being sick and home. That is what vacation time is for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Didn't u already ask this same question, word for word??
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 11:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• sick days are the only days they miss school.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:21 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• When I was growing up, we went to school unless we were on our deathbed. I follow the same rule for my kids. Unless they are dying, they go to school. Fever, vomiting, etc are the only excuses to stay home. As far as work... I think I played hooky once. That was because half of us were going to get laid off anyway, and I was interviewing for jobs.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• No. I have never played hookie and would not allow my children too. As a CPA it would be unprofessional and could cost me clients. We are raising our children to be responsible citizens who are honest and hard working. I think allowing them to skip school or letting them see mom or dad just skip work really is a bad thing. To each their own on this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I never do. I have a lot of sick days/personal days, but I always end up using them for real things (doctors appointments, kids sick, etc.).
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My Sd loves to be in school she hates to be home. She'll even get upset if she has an appt in the morning. She gets all dramatic saying she's gonna be missing a lot and she's probably gonna fail. So I never keep her home and wouldn't want to anyway..lol
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 11:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Never.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I can't play hooky, stay-at-home mom. But I take it easy some days and only do the basic childcare and absolute musts for cleaning. I'd say I give myself a day like that every week. It's awesome. :) As for my kids, if they are having an especially bad day and want to stay home from school I let them. It's happened once so far this school year, so they don't take advantage of it.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 12:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010