Gift Ideas

Before any yells racist its not.No drama please.I am begining a friendship with a chinese woman my age(thirties)the last time I seen her she presented me with a hand made rose and a very beautiful small item to hang with the symbols for friend and it was red.

I felt bad because at the time I didnt have anything to give her in return,I have been all over the internet looking at gift giving customs.one page says a certain item is ok while the other says same gift is a insult.

My question is I respect this woman and like her as a friend and nver would want to upset her.Any ideas or hints on what I can give her as a gift without disrespecting her?

nicoleky

Asked by nicoleky at 11:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Shopping

• The gift she chose for you might be something close to her heart, so return the favor and do the same for her. Find a gift that is relatively small, but has the same meaning.

Good luck.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• How about tea? Tea is part of Chinese culture, well, and everyones. And a nice tea cup or tea accessory/basket. Its perfect weather for a nice hot cup too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2010