Do the anti Catholic(or any anti religion post) really change your mind?

When I see something that is a target against an0ther group normally I ignore it.

Now there are some people who are already very anti Catholic and they will have fun bashing the Catholic faith, but after those who already agree with you, is there really a great deal of people who leave their religion because of a post?

If you are atheist and see a post telling you how you are going to hell does it really make you turn and repent?

It seems to me a better way of spreading your faith is through love and good examples of your works not through negative attacks on others?

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 11:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I wouldnt leave my religion just because what someone says online. I too ignore those posts. I do however find it childish to be so petty about someone elses religion.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• doesn't bug me one little bit. I just think that if they're so concerned about where everyone else is going, and what they practice, then they've got a small little life.

its all about acceptance and freedom. I do what I want to do, and good on ya for doing what you do. but no, no one's comments affect what I think, say or do.

there's the old saying "you attract more bees with honey".
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I honestly thing that these people are being used by someone in an attempt to put an end to Christianity. No real Christian would spread such lies with so much hatred. I think some of these so called Christians need to pay attention to what they are doing and who they are following. It may not be Christianity that they are practicing at all...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• there is a world of difference my dear between "bashing" and pointing out hypocrisy within a given religious sect. i know what you are responding to, and i believe that you feel threatened on a personal level, which is why you are so affected. just like someone telling me that because i am an Atheist i am abusing my children. it seems ludicrous... but the post that affected you was simply pointing out a discrepancy in the catholic teachings and in practiced religion. you felt it was a threat, not everyone viewed it that way.

no, i highly doubt that people will drop their beliefs, however- there is that off chance that some may open their minds just enough to accept another POV, even if for no more reason than to agree to disagree.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• No but the"I'm a better Christian than the Catholics" pissing contest is really starting to annoy me. A post will not change my mind on anything so what is the point of trying to tell someone "they're doing it wrong" other than to validate your own status as "superior" to others
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• just for the record I do not feel threatened. I am sorry you feel I am, but I assure you, your beliefs of what I feel are wrong.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 11:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

That is kind of how I feel as well. I was wondering if anyone else felt that way. thanks for your answer.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 11:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i was not attacking you- sorry that you felt i was.

based on what i read in the other post, that was the sense of emotion that cam across. i was merely stating my opinion on the matter. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• No real Christian would spread such lies with so much hatred. I think some of these so called Christians need to pay attention to what they are doing and who they are following. It may not be Christianity that they are practicing at all...

agree with you as well

good! I am glad to see my feelings are not alone.

have a great day everyone
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 11:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• but the post that affected you was simply pointing out a discrepancy in the catholic teachings and in practiced religion.

---

I have to respectfully disagree with this. It did nothing of the sort. And, if she were only pointing out hypocrisy, then why post the same question twice? She is yet another Catholic hater that is hell-bent on "exposing" the Catholic Church for what it "really" is. People that know nothing about the Church would not understand that.

I am not an atheist, and I do not understand why you believe what you do. However, I will no pretend to understand it either. You are free to have whatever beliefs you want to, and I am free to have my beliefs. You don't like people insulting what you believe, why should I like it when people insult mine, without even trying to understand? I'm sure the OP feels the same way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2010