I need prayers

My husband was just demoted, do to some restructure and other issues, none his fault. This is a big pay cut for our family. I am not so sure how we are going to make it financially. everything we have done is based on his previous salary. I am a full time student and can not work with 2 kids, we would pay more for a babysitter than I would make working part time(looked into that already). Pray that this is God's plan and that everything is going to work for us.

SuzanneL09

Asked by SuzanneL09 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not see this as God tightening the noose on your finances... He is all about blessing you and even though this is a change, I believe God has an amazing plan for you and your family. I will pray for a financial breakthrough and that the enemy of God will not persevere in his ways and that God's ways will prevail! You may have to cut back on some things but you will be fine. I believe that whole heartily for you!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• can he get another job at night, just a few hours can make a big difference.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Prayers your way, God has a way of tightening the nooze around our financial needs but very seldom does he do it tight enough to cause kaos. Be confident that everything will work out in the long run.

Answer by older at 11:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• he is working 45+ hours a week with no set schedule and works 9-9 with some variations and is in the guard. There is no time for him to get night job. all night jobs here start at 7. and are 12 hr shifts.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Sending prayers.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Talk to your college and see if they offer Daycare to students with children (Most colleges have a program where your kids may be supervised for free while you're in class). Speak with your church and see if they have a daycare program that runs during the week where you can leave your children while you work. Go to your local social services office and see if they have any daycare or assistance programs that can help.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• There are no day care programs here at night. I go to school until my girls get out of school. Dh's parents do not want to help unless we pay them. And that defeats the purpose if I am paying them what I make at work.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Your in my prayers.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• You're in my prayers. My best advice to you to save a little money is to apply for food stamps if you qualify (it's NOT a bad thing if you are only taking it til you can make it yourself), and also check to see if there is an Angel Food Ministries in your area. They sell boxes of groceries for about $30 a box, and its decent food. Their menu for this month includes a 1.5lb beef roast, 2 lbs babyback ribs, 2.5 lb chicken breast, 2lbs mac and beef dinner, 1.5 lb chicken breast patties, 1 lb ground beef, 1 lb bratwurst, 1 lb frozen sliced carrots, 1 lb frozen corn kernels, 8 ct frozen pancakes, 10 ct dinner rolls, 3 lb baking potatoes, 2% shelf stable milk, dozen eggs, and one dessert item for their $30 box. They also have an awesome produce box for $22. Here's their website:

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/hosts.asp
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Thank y'all so much for the prayers. I truely do believe that God has a great plan for our family. We put in for a conditional release from the guard for my dh to go full time army. He is a chaplain asst there and desparately misses the ministry work he was doing while he was deployed two years ago. My husband is a lic. minister, just does not have a church or make any money for it. My husband and I have devoted our relationship to God and we prayed before making the choice to go full army. I am just praying that this change in his work for now is preparing us for the change to the army. God definately provides for those that believe and ask. He may not give you what you want, but it is always what you NEED. If this is suppose to test our faith, it is only going to strenghten us. The first thing we did was pray that it works to God's plan for us.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010