tv in kids room?

hello. So do your kids have t.v's in their room? If so how old are they. Do you agree or disagree with tv in kids rooms

kristalsfirst

Asked by kristalsfirst at 11:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kid is 2 he has his own tv. We dont ever use it though...Dont really know why we even have it now that im thinking about it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My kid is 3 && he has his own tv && dvd player in his room. I do agree mostly because thats how I was raised plus I dont see any harm in letting the kids watch tv. My son watches tv all day long, we have Nick Jr use to be Noggin, && we sit down with him && watch it or we will talk to him about whats going on && he will sit there tell us whos who && what not.
    supermom3806

Answer by supermom3806 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My kids are 3 and 5 and share a room and they have a tv in their room and a dvd player, they rarely use it, mainly if I really need a break or have something I want to watch. I think its ok as long as they are not glued to it all day and night, mine are not allowed to have theirs on after 6 pm.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my 3 and 1 year old share a room right now and yes they have a small tv with a dvd player because we don't get any channels in their room. it is just for watching dvd's here and there, and it hasn't been used in months. they watch nick jr out in the living room with us a few hours during the day. so far their brains have not exploded, nor have they gotten cancer, become violent or abusive, played outside any less, or slowed in communication.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My kids don't. They watch plenty of tv as it is - probably 2 hours a day max. They have other activities going on, as well as toys they could be playing with. It would keep them quieter if I could tell them to go to their own room to watch tv, but I'd rather know what they're up to.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• growing up with 9 siblings, we never had tvs in ours rooms until we were 14 or older. but Ive been babysitting since i was 14, and many of the kids i watched did not have tvs in their rooms. Well now i am a full time babysitter of my sisters 2 yr old. He has a tv in his room and ive noticed many times that they use the tv to coax him to go to bed at night and take naps , but instead of sleeping he lays in his bed watching tv for hours. I think it is more of a distraction than a help. I would say that they would need to be over the age of 10, and that depending on the childs sleeping habits and grades in school should it be decided if they get a tv in their room. Hope that helps
    <3 Kay
    BABYnME610

Answer by BABYnME610 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• yes but only with dvd player so i know what they are watching and truely its only like once in awhile i here it on mostly they are doing things together or playing alone in thier rooms (to cold for outside play right know and gets dark way to early)
    kids are 14,12,8
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I would never put a tv in my daughters room.
    Anonymous

• My kids all have 42 inch LCD flat screens mounted in their rooms. They rarely watch them but when they are sick or we have a day we are stuck inside and I need a break they come in handy. They each have a Wii or Playstation 3 so they can play games and I don't have to deal with it. We do not have any other TV's in the house since my husband and I are way to busy and have better things to do than watch TV. My kids watch or play video games maybe 2 hours a week. When we move into our new home we are building the TV's will be moved into two games rooms that will be upstairs for them.
    Anonymous

• Nope. And they never will. I feel there is no reason for a TV in their room. If they want to watch TV they can use the one in the living room like everyone else. If they want to play video games when they're older they can use the spare one in our bedroom .. if it even still turns on lol we never use it.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2010