weight gain????

I am 15 weeks pregnant and ive only gained 5 lbs should i have gained more by now? do i need to eat more?

junebutterfly

Asked by junebutterfly at 12:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cosider yourself lucky. Unless you are underweight. You should only gain 2 lbs. per month right now. As you begin to show your weight will pick up.
    Anonymous

• You need to ask your doctor. Some women do not gain weight until like the 5th month. When I found out I was prego I weighed 115 and the first 2 months I lost 9 pounds. I started gaining like 2 or 3 pounds a month until I was 6 months prego. By the end I weighed 142 pounds. Sometimes it just takes longer.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i only gained 24lb through my intire pregnancy. Dont worry about it. As long as you are eating like you should be then you are just fine.
    Anonymous

• Nope, you're fine as long as your baby is growing properly in there.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i had gained nothing by 15wks...i had actually lost 15lbs.the dr told me not to worry the weight was on its way..well at my 20wk appt i had gained 10lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaked out lol and since then i have gained about a lb per month
    Anonymous

• i think 5 lbs is good for a normal weight person at 15 weeks. =) weight gain usually picks up in the middle of pregnancy through the end. i'm 16 weeks and i've gained about 4 lbs, but i'm also overweight.
    Anonymous

• you are too early along to be gainning alot. you are doing good. You shouldnt have to worry about much weight gain until your last trimester. And no, do not purposly eat more b/c you think you arent gainning enough. Unless you are badly under weight. If thats the case, consult your OBGYN. He or she should be tracking your weight anyway and will mention if you have gainned too much or too little. Your baby wont starve (unless you are purposely starving yourself or something of that sort)
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I'm 6 months pregnant and have only gained 5lbs. I think you are ok.
    Anonymous