Is it wrong that all I think about is cancer??

Ok. I asked my doc for an HPV test 3 years ago cuz I had the fear that I had cervical cancer. I had precancer. The doc said there is no way I could have symptoms, but I beg to differ.
For the past year, I ve been having the fear that I have colon cancer caused from HPV. I got the HPV check, & unfortunatly there was no positive of negative result. I had a colonoscpy cuz Ive been seeing blood on my TP & my stool has changed. They found a polyp & I am waiting for the biopsy results to see if it is infact cancer. The night before my colonoscopy, I had a dream that I was talking to my sis about my last two months to live. SO now Im freaked out over this dream. For years Ive felt that cancer will be coming. I cannot detect if my feelings are fanasy or reality. Can people get a fanasy of getting cancer? My body is good at telling me when something is wrong, but Im I just overreacting? HELP PLEASE..........

Amberoz

Asked by Amberoz at 12:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Health

• Sometimes we can make ourselves misreable by worrying about things. Things that may happen, and things that may not. Sometimes I worry about cancer too because of different symptoms. But I don't want to live my life worrying about the "what if's."
    If you don't like your doctors oppinion then seek a second oppinion. If that doctor has the same oppinion then I think you should be satisfied with that. And then you should go on living your life without worrying. Another good thing is prayer and faith.
    Anonymous