Need Advice about My 5 Year Old (Still Wetting Her Pants)

It seems I can find lots of information on bed wetting, both online and at the pediatricians office and while my 5 year old has recently begun peeing the bed again that isn't what frustrates me. Bed wetting I can understand, I wet the bed as a small child so I knew my kids had a higher than average chance of it but what I can't stand is that my 5 year old has been peeing her pants during the day even while she's in the house. There's absolutely no good excuse for her to piss herself when she's less than 20 feet away from the bathroom. I could understand if she were out in the yard, playing with friends or such and not making it to the bathroom in time but for her to just sit there and make no effort at all drives me insane. This began only a few months ago.

momof2inCT2007

Asked by momof2inCT2007 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You know my daughter did the same thing and ended up needing surgery to fix the urethral tube. I would take her to a pediatric urologist just to be sure it's not something physical causing the accidents.
    Anonymous

• I'd take her to the doctor. There is usually an underlying reason why children who are potty trained have accidents, especially months or years after being trained.

Good luck.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 2:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• what does she say when you notice she's doing this? Could it be bladder infection and it hurts to go so she's waiting longer?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• um.... if she just started doing this a few months ago I'd look into WHY??? Something must've changed or happened either in her environment, life or physically.
    Maybe she has a UTI and/or bladder/kidney infection etc. or something happened that has her upset. If she had never been toilet trained its one thing but the fact that she was and now isn't means something is up.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2010