what temp. do you keep your house at with your newborn, and what do you usually have them wearing, and do you keep them under a blanket too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told to keep it at a temp where you feel comfortable usually 70, and to always dress your child in the same layer of clothing you are in no more or less, They usually feel the same as you do and youll know if they are cold or to hot, my son usually kicks off blankets when hes hot and if hes cold and im holding him he usually curls into me for warmth. I usually keep him in a onsie or footed pjs.
    krisholl2285

Answer by krisholl2285 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I keep my house at 65-70 depending on how cold it is outside. My son (one year) runs around in pants and a long sleeve and my daughter (2months) is in a onsie and her sleeper sack.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• You don't have to change anything just because you have a newborn, the temperature feels the same to them as it does to us. I put them in a onesie and wrapped them up in a blanket..but mine usually just kicked the blanket off :P The average temp at my house in the summer is 70. Now thats is freezing out I have the heat on 71 at night and 73 during the day.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my son was born in a snow storm in dec 08 and i was very very afraid of him being cold. we always kept the furnace on 70 and i put him in a sleeper and a blanket always on him. then when it started to turn to spring time it was still a little cold and i always kept him in long sleeves, long pants, and socks, and sometimes a blanket. i was also always concerned with him sleeping alone in his crib and getting cold. i sleep with hubby & he keeps me warm so i always keep the furnace turned up. in the summer, we dont have an a/c but it only gets to maybe 100 outside so we turn on the swamp cooler occasionally and it stays about 70-80 in here. even in the summer i still put pants and socks on him but only short sleeves when it was really warm. they feel the temp the same as us but they are still little babies who get cold easily
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I haven't had my baby yet, but my other 2 were fall babies. We keep our house around 68 F maybe, and I dress them in a long sleeve onesie with pants and socks usually, and swaddled when they are sleeping and no blanket when they are awake.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010