I've lost my faith in humanity

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the past few days I've done my best to keep a civil tongue in my head and to not instigate drama. I've sat back and read post after post and it has made me notice how much hate, anger and outright malice we are all capable of. I know I have contributed more than my share of it and I actually regret it. How does all this negativity affect us? How can we know real love if we can't even be nice to each other? How can we make a better world for our children if we are consumed with our differences and hatred for our fellow man?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 12:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Understandable Ihartu. The not seeing people face to face makes some folks pretty darn nasty with their words. They tend to forget the feelings of others. In my experience, people in real life are not so darn nasty, unless they are like "some" of my family members. Sending you a ((((Big Hug))))

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have noticed!!! *HUG*

I think it is good to lose your faith in humanity, because people will let you down. You have to put your faith in something higher than the fallible. There is good out there. There is truth and love out there.

The only we can have peace is through sacrifice. It can't be 50-50. But we need to lay our lives down for others. (At least that is the example I want to follow). True love is sacrificial and unconditional. That is why I think that even non-Christians can relate to the Sermon on the Mount teachings of Jesus. Turn the other cheek and love your enemies. Only love can bring peace.

Anyways, I promise I am purposely trying not to "preach" because I respect your beliefs. But I am just saying that from my perspective, I can totally relate to what you are saying.

love ya.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Relax, I think a lot of people come here to vent their own frustrations and let OUT the anger, it doesn't necessarily mean they carry it with them ALL the time. Know what I mean.
    Anonymous

• I sure hope not anon! Sometimes I wonder of people are just as mean to their children as they are to others on cafe mom!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I know there is love out there cin, but sometimes it just seems like people would much rather wallow in the negative. I'm willing and trying to make a change for the better and I hope others might some day come to the same conclusion. Anger and bitterness will eat you up and then you're really no good to anyone, are you? Much better to let things slide and focus on the positive. I only hope I can continue down this path. Having been born into a family of negative nancies and angry dysfunction, sometimes it's hard to get away from it all, and believe me, I do not want it to consume me!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• After reading the last few threads I can see why.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• How does all this negativity affect us?-it affects us all in different ways. some to the point of desiring to change their actions, some feel the need to encourage others.
    How can we know real love if we can't even be nice to each other?-we can know real love because it hurts us when we see the negativity. how do you know hate, if you haven't experienced love?
    How can we make a better world for our children if we are consumed with our differences and hatred for our fellow man?- by continuing to do what we do best:love and encourage one another, keep our 'doors' open to the world, and teach by example. if we show a positive human-experience to the world, our children see it. they see everything!! most of the time, how you treat your most prized possessions, your children, is indicative of how you can treat everyone else, even those who wrong you or possess negative character. its a choice..to love or not to love.
    :))
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Ihartu I totally understand what you are saying. Negativity is so not necessary but it does seem people thrive on it. I live in a house where thats all I hear... it amazing me how I can remain as positive as possible as I can.. oh yeah Ive messed up and am harder on myself than anyone but I have skipped many of the controversial posts because some of them do irk me and I just choose not to participate as tempting as it may be. I am often scratching my head hehe
    Love is a choice and many do not know how to love and that seems to be often the case on here. One thing I have learned over the years .... nearly 20 yrs on the internet is that never to respond right away if you are being riled... give yourself at LEAST 24 hrs to respond or respond in word pad .. leave it for 24 hrs then come back to it and most likely you will never post it or at least make changes then post. The main goal is to encourage someone ... cont
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• not rip them up into pieces! Sometimes it is better not to respond. :-)
    Shaneagle777

• Well, the internet does lend people a certain amount of anonymity (even when they are not using the anon button for cover, like I am). Even with screen names, etc many people use the fact that they are not speaking face to face as an excuse to be cruel. I'm trying to stay away from place like CM and similar websites as much as possible. Especially when things get real nasty around here. I also think it's been gradually getting worse here on CM. Idk why that it. I've been here since practically the beginning, and it's changed so much, and mostly not for the better. I tend to think that most people on here are not that way IRL though. At least I'd like to hope so.

Anonymous