How to break this cycle

I have 5 kids and no energy. My house is a wreck. My husband is frustrated. I stay home so there is no reason why I cant do something here but I have no energy or motivation. I am taking anti depressants for seasonal depression. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I agree. A small list of tasks that you can succeed at is much more useful than an endless, overwhelming list of things. Then when you've completed them, you can feel relieved that you did your tasks for the day, and feel like you achieved something that day. Good luck. Seasonal depression used to knock me down fiercely.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• try to make a small list of stuff to accomplish each day. even if it is 2-3 things. check them off as you go. you might feel more energy if you give yourself a place to start and an actual task to complete instead of being totally overwhelmed. Then when you get those done, relax the best you can with 5 kids for the day and make a new list for the next day.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2010