Breakfast, Yes? No? Maybe?

Im 19 weeks pregnant, but have never ever been a big breakfast eater. in Highschool i never ate until lunch. Now that im pregnant i find myself feeling nauseous if i dont eat breakfast, as well as dizzy. But it takes a huge amount of will power for me to make myself eat. Nothing sounds appetizing. Any suggestions????

BABYnME610

Asked by BABYnME610 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be that your blood sugar is getting a little low. Nausea and dizziness that goes away after eating is typically due to low blood sugar. I know it is hard, but you might just have to bite the bullet and push on with a meal.
    Good luck to you. Just be glad you don't have the low blood sugar as an all the time thing. It's miserable!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• at least try to sip on a protein shake, or some kind of smoothy. That is what i used to do when nothing seemed appetizing during pregnancy. Those protien shakes saved my life!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Eat anyway. Even if it's a banana or a bagle. Eat.
    The hungrier you get the more nausiated you will get and might even cause yourself to throw up. Also, your blood sugar gets low easier during your pregnancy. Just snack on dry cereal, a cereal bar, a bowl of grapes, anything to keep your blood sugar up and your body full. High protien foods will also help keep your energy up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• it doesn't have to be breakfast food, if that could be the problem. anything you eat would be good. fruit vegetable meat...i have a friend that has chicken and vegetables for breakfast.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• The ONLY thing I could keep down in the mornings during my last pregnancy was a homemade vanilla milkshake with ginger syrup mixed in. you can get ginger syrup at health food stores like Whole foods and ginger is known to help settle an upset stomach, thats why ladies will tell you to sip ginger ale (good idea if its a natural one and not a crappy one). So, milk, vanilla ice cream and a heaping tablespoon of the ginger syrup all mixed up with a blender or just a fork....SUPER yummy and settled my stomac, then a few hours later id eat a real proper meal.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 1:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• When I was pregnant, I had to have crackers before even getting out of bed. Then after getting ready for work I would eat some toast with jelly. That was all I ate for breakfast for the first few months. Then somewhere in the 2nd trimester, I WANTED breakfast. Everyday I ate eggs and bacon! Loved it. Good luck!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• im right there with you i just make myself eat something and its hard i just dont feel like it i usally only have 1 to 2 meals a day and with being preg i had to make myself eat
    Anonymous

• i got some of those carnation instant breakfast shakes. its the only way i could keep anything down for weeks.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Try toast, or I agree with the Carnation instant breakfast with milk.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2010