How much money did you spend on your child's first birthday?

Not including gifts, just items for the party.

Miss_Kay

Asked by Miss_Kay at 1:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• That was 15 yrs ago... I dont remember. But I invited just the family (maybe 20+ people) had a meal and a cake.
    Anonymous

• we spent about $50 on food. but only had a family BBQ in the backyard. been the same for all three of my kids until they got to school and wanted a 'friend' party.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My family has a potluck for all birthday parties. The host provides the main dish, plates, napkins, plastic ware. My sister is a cake decorator, so that is her gift to the child. So I would guess about $15 for plates and stuff and then we had homemade pretzel dogs, that cost about $8 to make So about $25.
    My family does the potluck thing because then it is never a huge cost to have a birthday party for anyone. And we are happy to bring a dish. We do not ask any non-family members to bring a dish.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Nothing. My child didn't have a first birthday. Friends/Family sent him gifts, but that's all he got. He wasn't going to remember it, and at the time we were in the middle of getting ready to move. Therefore, I wasn't about to throw a party in the middle. He'll have a big party for his second birthday.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Too much, we had about 25 people over, and his cake was custom made like a train, probably $100.00
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• too much.
    dont go too overboard.
    they wont even remember it! lol
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Thanks for the answers!
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 6:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• A lot just got to excited. lol
    firsttimermom

Answer by firsttimermom at 7:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2010