Does anyone know how to get signed up with wyck?

If you don't know, wyck is the program where, i guess, the Govt. sends you checks like things to get Enfamil and other goodies for free for your child. I've been trying to find out how to do that, but I'm getting nowhere..HELP ME??

Ash_Rick

Asked by Ash_Rick at 1:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• WIC ( It stands for Women's,Infants and Children) At the Health Dept

Answer by admckenzie at 1:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• do you mean WIC? contact your local social services department, they will give you the information on how to apply.
    Anonymous

• You go to your social services there is a wall with a bunch of applications find the wic one. After you fill it out turn it in at the health dpt. Thats how they used to do it in NC.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• when we were on it, i went to the local health dept and got signed up.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• its called WIC. and you dont get checks, you get valtures that list what you are allowed to get, you get those items and give the cashier the valture, they check to make sure you got the right items. etc You get 9 cans of formula for while, then they cut to 7 cans then at 12 months the child gets milk and baby food, etc. My son doesnt eat anything WIC gives baby good wise same for the cereals. I have to give it away. But it helped ALOT with the formula. I still had to buy some but it helped.

Your local health dept will sign you up
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 1:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• "you dont get checks, you get valtures that list what you are allowed to get, you get those items and give the cashier the valture, they check to make sure you got the right items. etc"

Actually, I think that depends on where you live. When I lived in Florida thats how it went, but here in Mississippi (Biloxi) they give us a yellow sheet of paper that we take to a WIC nutrition center, where they have all the food. There is much less to choose from there, you tell them (from what they have for you to choose from) the foods you want from each food group and they put it all on a cart, and you take it to your car. Thats it.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• its wic and i just went thu my Dr and they did like a hour class to get to know you and then they gave you a papers and one was for wic but i was going thu a womens clinic but you can go down the social services department and get it
    Anonymous

• i just called my local health department, which was 2 blocks away and they set me up with an appt and i filled out some paper work and that was it. You will have to bring your I.D., proof of residence, and a pay stub. Good Luck hope this helps
    Married12Kevin

Answer by Married12Kevin at 2:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• In Texas, WIC is on a card.
    Anonymous

• hahaha no wonder you cant find it learn to spell maybe geez
    Anonymous