Transitioning to Cup??

My daughter will be 15 months at the end of the month. She only has bottles in the morning and at night and she does great with cups. Should I stop cold turkey?

Another question- She still wakes up in the middle of the night often and usually i give her a bottle to help her go back to sleep. Should I give her water instead of milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well, depends on if your DD is attached to them - my son had bottles at this age for nap and bedtime. I quit the nap one first and the bedtime one second. it was hard cause he was used to the bottles to go to sleep, but after 2 weeks and never saying the words baba again, he did good.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I would also stop cold turkey... She's only getting a couple bottles anyways, and you can get a Nuby cup she can adjust too if she isn't likeing the sippy... And I would switch to water at night just because of the teeth really. But I would try using a sippy instead of a bottle personally. I hope this helps!!! GL!

07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My son will be 12 months in 4 days. He takes a bottle to go down for his 1 daily nap and at night to sleep. He too still wakes at night and I usually give him a bottle. He has bronchitis right now but once he is better I plan to just toss all the bottles. To prepare I may try to trick of making him annoyed with bottles. Only putting water in them and then milk in his cup and he can pick water or what he likes. The ysay the key to getting a child to sleep threw the night is stop giving them anything to drink when they wake. Make them go bak to sleep. They says its heck the first week but they will learn when they wake they wont get that bottle or cup anymore and they wont tend to wake as much. I havent attempted this yet. My son is still under a year and on formula until he is 13 months. After that I will try that nightime method to get him to stay asleep.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 1:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I would give cold turkey a shot, don't toss the bottles just yet, just in case it doesn't work out for you, but there's no harm in giving it a shot.

Anonymous