My husband is losing his job ....

Found out today my husband is most likely losing his job in the next 45 days...I have never worked before, I just finished school, got married, had kids ( 1& 3 year old ) ...I dont know how to drive...which I am going to learn and get my lisence as soon as the snow is gone ( which here in Ohio...could be April! ) .....My husband has been looking for jobs for awhile becuase he just didnt like working there ...and hasnt found anything...I am looking now and I am just lost...... We live in a small town...I have done alot of serches ( on the internet and by calling ) everywhere in town and right outside of town....

I am going ot keep looking for a job and so is my husband...and I have never thought I would have to ask this but.... What are options on public assistance? ** and before any bashing starts...we would only be on it while we NEED it **

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honey don't pay any attention to the bashers. They have nothing better to do with their day than make you feel worse than you already do.
    Right after my second dd was born (Amber) I mean the next day, her dad lost his job because he did not have a work permit (he is from Mexico) and they had to let him go or they were gonna get fined big time. Anyway, I was freakin' out because we had a 1 1/2 year old and a newborn, and neither of us was working....so we did the only thing we could do. Went to the public assistance office and explained the situation to them. They gave us 500 in cash per month for six months, and 800 for food. Plus I also got WIC for the girls.
    Some people look down on those who need public assistance. But I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't been for the government help we got for those six months.
    Don't feel bad if you need the help. Besides, it's only temporary and you aren't the only one.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Contact your local social services department...you'll get guidance on what's out there.

Tell hubby to ramp up the job applications...five a week isn't really enough. Since he's got a tech background he likely knows about dice.com. Indeed.com is a great aggregator of ads. And craigslist can be useful too.

It's NOT easy. Mine's been out of work for nearly eight months. He's sent out HUNDREDS of resumes...and has had interviews but no offers. Hang in there.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2010