moms who breastfed while pregnant

were your babies a normal birth weight? how much did they weigh at birth? i'm still nursing my toddler & taking my prenatal vitamins. i'm just wondering if this will have an effect on my baby's size and i'm hoping someone who's gone through this can help. thanks! =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I nursed my first while pregnant with my second and had no issues. He came three weeks early though-had nothing to do with nursing-and was 6lbs 13 oz, so he would have been a BIG boy had he waited three more weeks. Just remember you have to eat extra calories for nursing and more than that for the pregnancy. So as long as you eat enough calories and drink enough water you will be fine.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• It's perfectly safe to nurse while pregnant unless you have a history of preterm labor. Like pp said, make sure you get the calories and nutrients you need, though, and keep up on your prenatal vitamins. My second baby, in the belly while I was nursing my first, weighed more than my first and was just as healthy.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Read "Adventures in Tandem Nursing," it is a very informative book. My second baby was one day late and 1oz heavier than my first. My first birth was an induction for pre-e at 39w5d. I followed the Brewer Diet with my second and had not problems.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My younger two babies were both 6lbs. 13oz. at birth, and I breastfed while pg w/ them. My older two babies were 6lbs.15oz. and 7lbs.5oz. so real close to my other two.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2010