Has anyone found 2 liter bottles with urine in them in your child's room? does anyone know why????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• my husband just told me that he could be getting high off the amonia and if this is so then you need to stop him because it can kill him.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I have not yet had this problem, however one bottle I would think he was being too lazy to get up and go to the bathroom. Several bottles I would be worried about even if it's "just" a hoarding thing.
    Anonymous

• either they are disgusting o they are selling their pee..
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• The manufacturing of 'jenkem', which is fermented human feces and urine, has been going on for some time in Africa. Children and young teens fill plastic bottles with human feces scooped by hand from sewage ponds. The feces is tapped down leaving a small amount of room on top of the sludge. The bottles are placed in the hot sun where methane gas forms at the top. This gas is then huffed by the children.
    This is an easy, cheap way to make a potent and popular drug that thousands of street children in Africa and perhaps other countries are using to get high. The high lasts for about an hour and causes the user to see visions and have other mind-altering reactions.
    preggers17

Answer by preggers17 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• my cousin would do that. He even told us it was because he didn't want to get up and walk across the hall to the bathroom.

although the drug test theory is a good one!
    Anonymous

• There is a reason for it, you need to figure out what the reason is. It reminded me about the movie the Aviator where Leo Di caprio was collecting his own urine before his character lost it completely. A call to a behavioral analyst should shed some light, if need be a psychologist can help. Most important talk with him about it. Ask about what is at the root of his behavior.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• does your kid get on the computer? Check the history and see if hes visited anything telling him ways to get high...this sounds like something you would find online. Doesnt sound like some kind of new trend.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have heard that they let it ferment and either drink or use a balloon with the gases in it to get high, My main concern is that we have found several bottles under his bed and in the garage.

That is one of those things I wish I never read- really? Kids these days are doing that? Why can't they just smoke pot like we did;)
    I would be concerned and I would talk with my child about it. I am assuming he is not an war vet like ANON's husband- that is a legit reason why someone would do that.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 2:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• you couldnt pass a drug test with someone elses urine unless you had just pissed for them. It has to be a body temp
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Also he maybe collecting his "clean" pee to sell to people who need to pass drug test.

Anonymous