How to get my one year old to sleep in a crib...

Mydaughter used to sleep very well, until she was about 9 months old. We have kind of been bad parents and have not kept her on a schedule. Now that she is one, and we have moved and everything is more timely with work and school and my husband's work schedule I want to get her on a schedule. Before I would put her to sleep in my bed (bad I know) and then take her to her crib. Some times she sleeps all night, usually she will wake up in a few hours or she will wake up as soon as I lay her down. It is like she knows I am putting her in her crib. I want to get her to where I can feed her, give her a bath, play time, a book and put her in bed and she goes to sleep by her self. I do not know really where to start. I cannot alow her to sleep with us anymore. My husband is a light sleeper and she loves to kick him in her sleep and lay on top of me.
Should I just let her cry it out...how long do I let her cry?
Please help

PenelopeJsMom

Asked by PenelopeJsMom at 2:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would recommend the book healthy sleep habit happy child, there are TONS of methods.. however I ended up having to let my son cry it out after trying the others - i started at 8 months though and he never slept with us, but that's what is cool about this book, there are tons of ways to learn and try. good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2010