what bills would you pay if u only had a certain amount?

Here is what you owe: Car, water, elec, insurance, discover credit card, credit card, cellphone, cable-internet,gas , food, school lunches... You have almost 300$ and can borrow up to 400$... any advice to know what to do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• well I would pay the things I had to have first so if I needed to get to work I would pay the car and insurance followed by food, electric, water.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I would call all involved and see if I could make payment arrangements and spread the money out that way. Some of the above might take a partial payment and that way you would not be digging a deeper hole.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We're faced with this pretty much EVERY paycheck. First thing is FOOD!! You need food to survive. Second is Rent! Third.. Car Payment and Car Insurance, Phone Bill... Can't live without a phone (we don't have a house phone, just cell phones.) Then, Cable which includes our internet ( I need the internet, I go to school online.) and Electric. (I know electric should probably come sooner in that list, but as of right now it's winter, and they can't disconnect you in the winter months. :) ) Credit Cards are wayyy last in that list, If I have the money when they're due, I'll pay them, but other wise... they can wait just like other things!
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Car insurance, phone, credit cards. Everything else is a luxury (we don't have utilities, since we live in base housing).
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Car insurance, credit cards, lunches, Utilities would be the important ones.
    Break down everything you own, then put the important ones on the top of the list.
    Then everything else pay the minimum on. It's not a good idea to do this every month, but if you're tight right now it might be your only choice.

Cut out any luxery items. You don't need a landline and cell phones, so cut out the landline. You only need the basic cell plan, so cut down to the lowest you can go. Don't go out to eat. Buy groceries for two weeks, etc. Just live as basic as you can to be able to pay your bills.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I don't know how much the most basic cell phone plan is but I pay $27 for the basic land line plan. If I were you, I'd get rid of the cell phones and get a basic land line or go to the cheapest plan available on the cell phone. I would also get rid of the cable and internet until you are able to pay all your bills every month.
    Anonymous

• Can you defer the car payment?...set up plans for water electric and gas....call your cell phone company and see if you can pay partial payment and keep your service on..and spread out the money accordingly..i dont know how much each of your bills are...but becareful borrowing from others just to pay your bills..unless your sure you have a way to pay them back....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• pay utilities first,then food(school lunches included), then car,all the others can wait...you could also try to apply for food stamps or assistance on your utilities if you dont have a very high income you will most likely get approved! GL!
    Anonymous

• I'd go-
    Food (Including lunches though it might be cheaper to pack), Fuel, Insurance, Utilities (assuming utilities won't be turned off if you don't pay on time).
    Anonymous