How do I get that flawless, natural, shiny look for makeup?

I am 32 & do have wrinkles on my forehead & around my mouth. I can't seem to find makeup that looks like all the movie stars! It isn't so much about covering the wrinkles but the natural shiny look! It is like their faces just look moist!!!! Mine looks dry!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• bare minerals make-up is amazing. kinda pricey, but definitely worth it.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• A good skin care line will do the trick ;o) I'm a consultant with Rodan and Fields Dermatologists, and we have fantastic skin care regimens that can fit within any budget. Check it out!

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• A touch of bronzer works wonders! Find one thats just a shade or 2 darker then your skin color and lightly apply it to your face to keep it looking natural. I usually work mine down into my lower neck to make sure it is blended. You can also use this for shading techniques to help give the illusion of a slimmer jaw line by adding just a little more right under your chin and along both sides of your jaw. if you have a wider nose and want to make it look slimmer you can do the same thing, add just a little to the outsides of the nose and dont put into directly on the top of your nose, just the sides. Dont forget to do your cheek bones! ;)
    I am a licensed cosmetologist and love helping people feel better about themselves. Bronzer works wonders for me. Feel free to check out my pics and if you have any questions e-mail me! Id love to help.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 8:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• oh, I forgot to mention that bronzers have little light reflectors in them so when applied to the face & the light hits it , it camoflauges imperfections and appears flawless.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 8:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Make sure you use moisturizer and then a primer before you put on your foundation
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I agree with the above post....I recently started using a primer and it works wonders! But it is drying to my skin so moisturizer is a must.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I used the mineral foundation, yes it is pricey but it works so well and it feels like I have nothing on. The cheapest and works the best that I have found is Loreal
    Jodie103

Answer by Jodie103 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i think what would work for you is airbrush make-up, there are a few different brands. I do believe at sephora you are able to try one out. I think the brand is Temptu at sephora. The other brand i know of is luminessair
    I have tried probably about 7-9 different brands of mineral make-up none of them give that moist look your talking about. And i have combination skin and it doesnt even give me that look! My skin does it on its own (lol)
    oscarandbaby

Answer by oscarandbaby at 12:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2010