:(

I can't stop eating ice.... help meeee!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its actually pretty normal, I know and have known alot of women who while pregnant eat ice, its a good way to stay hydrated and its just a craving your body is having theres nothing wrong or abnormal about it. Its pretty common
    krisholl2285

Answer by krisholl2285 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Eating ice can also be a sign of Anemia. Take some extra iron, but talk to your doctor as well.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I will help you eat some!! Like the PP said, it keeps you hydrated and it's more exciting than just drinking water!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• OP here:: i know that there is nothing wrong, but its sooo annoying! i HAVE to chew ice... i have about 2 ice trays every 15min!! ahhhh
    Anonymous

• oh my gosh when i was pregnant with my twins thats all i ever wanted. it was crazy i dont know if that was a sign that i had Anemia but like NightPhoenix said that it could be so you might want to mention it to your doctor. cause i was eating it like it was going out of style, and i did need extra iron.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 3:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i take an iron supplement.... but i guess i will have my doc check it out next appointment... mmmm iiiceeeeee it just sounds soo good. thats what i ate for dinner last night!
    Anonymous

• Okay, Ice as a meal replacement is not good! I understand the ice thing though, because when I was pregnant I had to have ice ALL of the time. Just be careful because even if you think your teeth are perfectly fine, if they have even the tiniest microscopic crack, chewing ice can make you break a tooth.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My OB said that when you crave ice or things like dirt, grass, kitty litter.. It is actually your body telling you that you're not getting enough nutrients. Talk to your OB.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Why don't we just call everyone on this site Debbie Downer. I KNOW what pica is, I KNOW you aren't supposed to eat laundry detergent... I didn't literally substitute a meal with ice cubes... Ice is an EXTREMELY common craving amongst pregnant women... Just because someone has a craving, cigarette butts even, does NOT mean there is something wrong with them... I was just trying to have a little giggle with some pregnant women out there who MIGHT have a sense of humor and are just sitting there eating a glass of ice with me!!! sheesh!!!
    Anonymous

• Burrrr....too cold for me! Lol! I've been wanting chocolate milk AALLLLL the time but I've been limiting myself...lol.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2010