what worked for you with heartburn?

my doctor old me i could take an over the counter med for my heartburn because it has gotten so bad that i cant sleep and i hate to even eat so what worked best for yall? he said that if it didnt work he could perscibe me something, but he wanted me to try over the counter first. i dont know if it matters but i am 34 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Papaya enzyme

Answer by rkoloms at 2:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Rolaids Spearmint flavor
    Married12Kevin

Answer by Married12Kevin at 2:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Tums

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 3:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Nothing. I tried 3 different prescription meds and none of them worked (zantac and pepcid were 2 of them). I just learned to live with it and look forward the the end of the pregnancy - and invested a fortune in Tums!!

Answer by missanc at 3:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• TUMS! My saving grace! I started eating them at night like candy, and its good for you bc they have calcium and you need a lot durring pregnancy.
    johnnybgood

Answer by johnnybgood at 3:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Tums were good. I also realized that tomatoes/tomato sauce was causing it and cut them out of my diet.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• ranitidine ... the active ingredient in zantac... you can get a bottle of 65 for $4 at walmart... works good for me!
    hannahfoy

Answer by hannahfoy at 3:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I chewed mint gum when I was pregnant with my son, it worked for me. I tried Tums and they did nothing...
    Navygurl76

Answer by Navygurl76 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I use tums if water or milk doesn't work. I don't take anything if I can avoid it. I'm 33 weeks with my 3rd. I use dairy to help but water will help me at times.
    emilyt

Answer by emilyt at 12:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2010