what do you do when you break down?

today i just seem to be losing it. i dont know why everything just seems wrong. i just want to scream and cry i am taking out my craziness on my hubby and hes starting to get mad, i just keep flipping out. what do yall ladies to to calm down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Because of the crazy hormones, when i start bawling like an infant I go lay down for a few minutes and cry and just let it out...I too have been taking alot out on my hub so I try to tell him as often as i can how wonderful he is and that when i get upset its not at him or because of him its because my body is on over drive and i just cant help it...but he has been through this with me once before so he knows i go crazy when im preg..
    reassure your man that he is wonderful and that you love him alot, do it as often as you can, it seems to help smooth things over
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 3:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• If Im at home alone with my son, I normally go into the bathroom and allow myself to calm down. I "try" to not take it out on my husband but I understand its hard. If he is home I try to convince him to take care of my son while I take a bath, its super calming.
    johnnybgood

Answer by johnnybgood at 3:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• crying will help but all i can say is it doesnt get any easier once baby comes the stress level just goes up! and hubby gets more of the anger i end up taking alot of my anger out on my dh too but i was mean to him before hand so he handles it well lol you can try the deep breath thing or go for a walk or drive just to get away and breath i do know how you feel i havent personally found anything that helps im just a angry person
    Anonymous

• Step away somehow, Hiding in the shower works, the hot water is very relaxing. Do something you enjoy by yourself. I have a couple of hobbies that I do away from the family that make me smile and as long as they don't come looking for me I don't scream at them. win-win
    Anonymous

• Oh yelling at the hubby is the number one thing i think we all do, I ALWAYS make sure to later apologize for taking it out on him reamind him how much i love him and say thank you for putting up with me. As for relieving the stress a bath does work put something in there that smells good and calms bubble bath,bath rocks, fizzers whatever you like make sure it smells good turn the lights off light some candles put the radio in their with soft music or enjoy the quiet, but thats if you have the time, i have to wit til my 1 yr old goes to sleep or his daddy watches him. Also when i get real upset like mad not crying sad upset, i like to clean like i can clean the entire house when im pissed off, or go for a walk alone or even with your man or kids, get out of the house and try to think about other stuff, or if you have the luxery of girlfriends have one come over and kick ur husband out with his friends then pretend ur 16 again..
    youngmum87

Answer by youngmum87 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• .....eat tubs of ice cream or a whole bag of M+M's watch girly movies in ur PJ's lol try to get your state of mind away from stress and do something silly and fun play a board game. Laughter is one of the best destressers, all of those dont help you? Go to bed early and do the crying thing like the others said. lol
    youngmum87

Answer by youngmum87 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Breaking down here happens alot. We have a son living with autism, so the stress level is through the roof! Then you add job stress, and life stress in general, and then I go hide in the shower with the radio on so my son doesn't hear me cry it out. I've been lucky so far, and he thinks my eyes are all red from getting shampoo in my eyes.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2010