lip balm

Does anyone have suggestions on what type of lip balm would be good for my 8-year old SS? I need something that doesn't have flavor because he licks his lips and they are getting red. Something with a clip would be good so he would be less likely to lose it... but I need something that can go on the skin around his mouth too because it is also being affected...
thanks!

sukinova

Asked by sukinova at 3:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have fallen in love with the Say Yes To Carrots brand! I have only seen it at Walgreens, but it might be available other places. I like it because it's not as waxy was Chapstick or even Berts Bees.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I like the Chapstick brand _Medicated... it works really well. I have really sensitive skin and it easily becomes chapped and cracked. This ALWAYS clears it up overnight. It doesn't taste good so I don't think he will want to lick it.

I found this online and thought it is soo cute... I think I will buy myself one!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=37168443

That way he won't lose it.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• plain old chapstick.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i use blistex, this thing works wonders.
    Anonymous

• My 10 yo son uses plain old chapstick - he doesn't like the medicated because it "tingles" but feels like the chapstick is "manly" enough for him. lol
    I personally like Burt's Bees!

Answer by missanc at 3:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Burt's Bees..It is all natural and not tested on animals!
    kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 3:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Pick up a vitamin E stick, or anything without petroleum byproducts (I don't know about you, but I don't want my kid eating that)

Answer by rkoloms at 3:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I use blistex. There are chapsticks with wrist bands on them.
    There are different vassaline based products that will work.
    All chapsticks and lip balms work on the surrounding area of the mouth as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Aquaphor works amazing!!! It is by the hand lotions. My son's doctor told me to use this instead of the steroid prescription cream for his ezcema. It is ok around and on the lips and will clear up the "infection" too. Stay away from anything flavored or he will just keep licking his lips and making it worse. Bert's Bees is good but it has a minty taste to it. I use a Hemp lip balm that is amazing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i liketh polysporin chap stick.it works awesome
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2010