How much did you spend...

on your child's first birthday party? Not including gifts, just the party itself.

Miss_Kay

Asked by Miss_Kay at 3:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I didn't have a party.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We just had the family over - grandma, grandpa, 2 aunts, 1 uncle, 2 cousins and our family of 5. I barbequed. Maybe $120?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I think $150. $50 room rental, and the rest was for food and drinks for the guests.. we didn't do anything but a family dinner for his 2nd birthday - and he cared just the same lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Um about $20, the cost of the cake mix, frosting and some streamers...They are 1 and won't remember ....
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• don't remember the exact cost. I think we BBQd for our family and had a cake. That was it.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Maybe $50? It was a small family thing, just my family, ex's family, a few of our close friends. I baked the birthday cake, except I did buy the little one for my son to dig into on his own. We didn't do dinner, just cake and ice cream, and the ice cream my dad made homemade. We bought some sodas and beer for the adults, and then just some balloons for decoration.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Thanks everyone!
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 3:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I really don't remember. My sister made a carrot cake; my mom made pizza; I made cesaer salad. We bought a couple of cheesey decorations at a party supply store.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• About 30 and we had it as a potluck in lieu of gifts. My child didn't need anything and so I asked them to bring a covered dish,and I baked and decorated the cake.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• under 150 for number 1. The bulk of it was renting a pavilion at the park since we had so much family coming and our apt. would not accommodate that many people. Number to was at our house so around $60 maybe $75 on cake and food and decore...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2010