i think i have decided to quit smoking.......

i have no insurance and cant afford otc patches or anything. are there any homepathic type things i can use to calm craving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Health

• when i tried to quit. I called the american cancer association. they gave me vouchers to buy patches (you can get gum or even perscription meds). Patches are usually 30-50 bucks a box but with the vouchers I got four boxes (months worth) for 15 bucks.
    Anonymous

• First mistake you are making is saying "I THINK" you have to KNOW you a ready to quit.. you have to be 100 percent sure THIS IS IT and stop..
    You can buy some pretty cheap patches, lozenges ect like store brand name..target, wal mart, walgreen ect all have their own. if you cant afford those, just cold turkey it!
    Good luck!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Lobelia is an herb that you can make into a tea and drink. it helps with nicotine craving head aches. It does not have nicotine.

You can do it! Just think of all the money you'll save!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• you think you're going to quit?

Know first, then quit :) don't finish your pack either, if you can't bear to throw them away, you're not ready. My hubby said the first two weeks are the hardest (he quit after 14 years). Now he hates them, no patches or anything, so just hang in there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2010